The MACE program provides training for those called to equip others in the ministries of the local church and other parachurch organizations. Ministers of education, executive pastors, small group pastors, age group ministers, and special ministry leaders benefit from the biblical, theological, and practical training included in the MACE degree. The following competencies are developed through the courses taken.
Most of the classes required for the M.A.C.E. program are offered Online.
The Master of Arts in Christian Education degree prepares persons for competent leadership in educational ministry in congregations and other settings. It is a professional program that prepares individuals:
- To train and develop church leaders in the proper interpretation of the Bible and application of its truth within the life and ministry of the church
- To model effective leadership skills and appropriate relationships with the staff, church members and other members of the community, and to develop these skills in other church leaders by helping them to be motivated, communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, and develop ongoing leadership improvement plans
- To function as curriculum coordinator of the church, assisting in the adoption of a philosophy of teaching and training that reflects an understanding of the functions of the church integrated with a curriculum plan that identifies ministry needs, and effects specific strategies for reaching learning goals
- To lead the church to adopt a working model for calling out, training, equipping, and developing church leaders in the areas of teaching skills and age-appropriate methods for the church’s educational programs
- To reflect and develop a biblical view of Christian stewardship within the church and to give leadership to budgeting and responsible operation and control of finances
The central goals (adapted from ATS standard A.2) of the Carroll M.A. in Christian Education degree, as an advanced program that is oriented toward leadership in education ministry, include the following:
- Goal 1:
- Master of Arts in Christian Education degree recipients will give evidence of capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection regarding the content and processes of educational ministry.
- Goal 2:
- Master of Arts in Christian Education degree recipients will give evidence of understanding of the educational, social, and behavioral sciences that under gird educational practice, as well as the cultural contexts in which educational ministry occurs.
- Goal 3:
- >Master of Arts in Christian Education degree recipients will give evidence of growth in personal and spiritual maturity.
- Goal 4:
- Master of Arts in Christian Education degree recipients will give evidence of skill in teaching and in the design, administration, and assessment of educational programming.
Interested in the Masters of Arts in Christian Education program?