Applicants for the doctoral degree are required to have completed a baccalaureate degree and a master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Doctoral applicants are required to meet the general admission requirements before they are considered for the doctoral program. The following steps must be taken to apply:
- Submission of an online application.
- Submission of supplemental documentation. Following submission of an online application, the applicant will be given detailed instructions regarding the following supplemental documents:
- Official transcripts from all earned baccalaureate and master’s degrees. (Applicants will also be considered who have a comparable degree from a recognized institution outside the US. The degree must be evaluated by a recognized credentials evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES), P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745, phone +1 900-937-3895,www.wes.org.)
- Three letters of recommendation. Recommendation forms will be supplied when an online application is submitted. Recommendations should be from a current and/or former professor with whom the applicant studied at the master’s level or above. All references should attest to the applicant’s potential to engage in doctoral-level study.
- Church endorsement. An endorsement form will be supplied when an online application is submitted. The form must be completed by the church of which the applicant is a member.
- Personal statements. Applicants will be required to provide statements of their call to the ministry and their past Christian experience.
- A digital photograph. This does not have to beprofessionally made, but a snapshot will suffice.
Upon completion of the general application, the doctoral applicant must meet additional requirements such as GRE or MAT scores, a research/reflective paper, interview, and qualifying exam. Applicants should consult the appropriate handbook (see Doctoral Degrees)